For this project I was assigned to create a six-panel spread based on a social issue; mass food production was my topic. We were required to use imagery juxtaposed with type to express a view on the issue at hand. The spread is double sided and folded as a tri-fold.
Senior Thesis Spring 2015
Check out the development of my proposed organization here
As a class we all were given a different topic of which the model UN team representing Portugal had a specific stance. We were required to properly portray this stance on a poster that would hang in the hall of the UN offices. We used a macro/micro design approach when portraying the topic.
For this project we had to create a magazine cover and back page for IDN magazine. We had to follow the artistic techniques of one of the artists discussed in class. I choose the artist David Carson, and used his technique of experimental type.
For this project, we were required to create our own typeface, and design a poster to go along with the font, demonstrating it’s characteristics.
During my semester abroad in New Zealand, I was briefed on creating a Design Conference based on a possible design issue. I chose to work with the idea of Design Ethics. My piece is a double sided brochure that folds out into a long horizontal poster.
The assignment for this project, was to research a popular Typeface, and create two pieces. One was illustrated type containing a short essay of what we had discovered about our type. I chose to illustrate my essay in the form of the Baskerville Q since I found it was one of the most interesting aspects of the font face as well as my favorite letter-type. The second design needed to be a typeface style sheet, using segments of our essay, and showing the variety of weights the font provided.
During my semester abroad in New Zealand, I was briefed on creating a Design Conference based on a possible design issue. As a follow up of our first project (the brochure) we had to expand on the work, and create a website to go along with the conference. All background images were taken by me.
The last page depicts how the website would move and flow.
The basis of this project was to create a brand with a Typographic based Logo. We had to include a demographic, brand guidelines, advertisements, signage, and web design for this brand.
For this project we were required to so a study of online newspapers, and design our own fictional newspaper, based off trends we saw used in the real world. After creating a wireframe, and designing the webpage, we were then required to code the landing page from scratch using Dreamweaver.
For the brand course I took in New Zealand, we were required to work in small groups to research and develop a brand of biscuits to compete with a popular biscuit brand, Farmbake. I worked alongside two New Zealand students to create a homemade biscuit brand, that would include large chunks and serve as a tasty treat.
The guidelines for this project asked for us to research a non-profit, organization topics and pick one to create our own brand from. I chose to create my organization around creating early childhood education facilities, in shantytowns around the world.
For this project we were asked to bring in a real life object, and illustrate it digitally using Adobe Illustrator. We referenced the physical object only and were not allowed to use web images.
For this project I was assigned to compose a still life of an object, some form of paper, and a background. I chose to do an elephant standing on African money, with a plain backdrop revealing the elephants shadow. I then had to photograph the still life, transfer the image to the hardboard, and refer to my photo as I painted in grayscale. I used oil paints and alkyd, and created the painting with over 10 layers of paint.
Here is some photography from various trips I have taken around the world.
I did an internship over the summer of 2012 with a T-Shirt Design Boutique called Just Be. These are some designs I was able to design for the store, as well as an order for New Zoo in Wisconsin.
This spread was made for a school magazine called ENsight. The Magazine is a student run graphic design magazine. The topic of this specific edition was dreams and nightmares. I chose to depict Freuds many dream theories
Various logos I have created through itnernships, class and freelance work.
We were assigned to look at something in our lives, and keep track of it for two weeks. I chose to keep track of my anxiety level, mood, locations, people and more to see how they affect my anxiety. We then presented our findings in a number of graphs and charts, on a concept driven poster. I went along with a frenetic, darker color palette and chaotic concept.
For my spring break I chose to visit my uncle, an art teacher in CT, and take his sculpture course. I created this bust in 1 week.